Looking for a new Halloween recipe to try at your next party? This Halloween recipe is a traditional family favorite of ours every year! It’s full of creepy crawly ingredients that your dinner guests will be talking about for years to come!
If you can’t already tell from our Halloween Party Ideas, Halloween Decor Ideas or the Dinner in a Pumpkin Post...we get into Halloween around here! I believe this Halloween recipe for witches brew was introduced to our family when I was about 10 or so. It hasn’t been a part of our annual party as long as the Dinner in a Pumpkin but nonetheless it’s still a favorite at our parties!
Halloween Recipe Display
For this Halloween recipe we like to use old dishes and pitchers to display the measured ingredients in before the party starts. This way we have time to stage the area around the cauldron to look extra spooky when our guests arrive.
Once everyone has arrived, we gather all of the kiddos around and let them each help put the ingredients in one at a time.
I dare say adding the last ingredient is exciting for everyone. After all, who doesn’t like to watch a good Witches Brew bubble?!
Adding Each Ingredient For This Halloween Recipe
Serving This Halloween Recipe
Serving this Halloween recipe in tall goblets or other fancy glassware will add to the theme and feel of your Halloween party.
SERVING IDEA: If you want each glass to be bubbly you may want to use a hammer to break the dry ice into small pieces before adding this to the cauldron.
It’s fun to watch your own glass bubble…just be sure that you DON’T drink the dry ice!
It will eventually dissolve into your glass and stop bubbling, then your brew is safe to drink. OR leave the dry ice in a large piece and leave the entire piece in the cauldron to keep that bubbling.
Shop This Look
Halloween Recipe for Witches Brew Drink
- 4 quarts Moon Drops (Water)
- 2 packages Dried Dragons Blood (unsweetened Koolaid red or blue)
- 2 Cups Ground Bones (Sugar)
- 1 12oz. container Pureed Flesh (Concentrated Orange Juice thawed)
- 1 2 liter Spinal Fluid (Lemon-Lime Soda)
- 1 Cup Eye of Newt (Seedless Grapes)
- 1 package Slimy Slithery Worms (Gummy Worms)
- 2 lbs. Frozen Venom (Dry Ice)
- Pour Moon Drops into a cauldron, add Dried Dragon’s Blood and Ground Bones and mix well. Add Pureed Flesh and Spinal Fluid, mix well.
- Gently fold in Eye of Newt and Worms.
- Carefully place Frozen venom into the cauldron, be cautious that you don’t burn your fingers. Let brew 5-10 minutes. Serve in goblets. Garnish with additional worms.
We’re excited for you to give this Spooky Witches Brew a try! Let us know how you like it, and if you’d add any other spooky ingredients. We’d love to hear from you.
Please PIN it and share!
Thanks for stopping by and as always here at Sunny Side Design
WE HOPE TO BRING YOUR HOME TO THE SUNNY SIDE OF THE STREET!