Recipe for Fall Easy and Savory Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili
Awe, it’s FALL ! The season we ask ourselves, “What can I make with pumpkins?”
There’s no doubt we’re familiar with the sweet recipes for bars, breads, cakes, cheesecake, cookies, muffins, smoothies and pies.
You may have even tried roasted pumpkin seeds, and soups.
Today we’d like to share one of our favorite recipes for Fall, Savory Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili.
It’s the ultimate comfort food!
Not only is it loaded with veggies, but it’s also hearty and filling.
And when you want a last minute dinner idea, try our 5 ingredient 10 minutes soup recipe.
In addition, another family favorite that can be prepared in less than 20 minutes is my Healthy Mac and Cheese recipe.
What are the benefits to eating pumpkin?
Since we’re all looking for new pumpkin recipes to try each Fall, I thought I’d share a little bonus info with you. Listed below are some of the benefits to eating pumpkin. Not only is pumpkin delicious, but it’s good for you to!
- It’s highly nutritious, particularly rich in Vitamin A
- Contains a high antioxidant content, which may reduce the risk of chronic diseases
- Loaded with Vitamins that may boost immunity
- Vitamin A, Lutein and Zeaxanthin may protect eyesight
- Nutrient density and low calorie count may promote weight loss
- Antioxidant content may reduce the risk of cancer
- Potassium, Vitamin C and Fiber may benefit heart health
- Contains compounds that promote healthy skin
- Very versatile and easy to add to your diet
What you'll need for this Fall recipe
If you’re anything like me, on a daily basis, I always feel like I’m running around in every direction to get things done and make sure everyone in our family is taken care of.
It’s exhausting! Then come dinner time I’m often scrambling to get dinner ready.
Slow cooker meals are my favorite! Not only are they delicious, but the freedom it gives me during the day and stress it takes away at dinner time is huge!
Dump and go slow cooker meals are my favorite! They’re so quick and easy!
This recipe for Fall does have a little prep work, but it’s well worth it in my opinion!
(Note that this recipe will fully cook if you do choose to dump and go, but I prefer the texture of the meat and veggies if they’re precooked first.)
So what will you need for this Fall recipe?
- canned tomatoes
- canned tomato sauce
- canned beans
- spicy sausage
- lean ground beef
- red onion
- yellow, red and green bell peppers
- green chilies
- chili powder
- pumpkin puree
- slow cooker liner
Recipe for Fall Prep Work
Next, using the same pan, brown the sausage and ground beef. If desired, season with a little salt and pepper while cooking.
Once cooked, add the meat to the slow cooker.
Last but not least, add pumpkin puree, green chilies, beans and chili powder to the slow cooker.
Finally, stir to combine.
Savor this recipe for fall
Place the lid on top of the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. If you’re pushed for time, you can also cook on high heat for 4-5 hours.
Ladle chili into bowls and serve with a dollop of sour cream, cheddar cheese and some diced chives.
This hearty Fall recipe makes 12 large servings approximately 1.5 C. each.
**I just have to say how much I love my new dinnerware! After 17 years, our original dinnerware was scratched, cracked and missing pieces.
I finally treated myself to some new dishes a couple months ago.
I found these darling navy and white dishes in a set of 12 (4 dinner plates, 4 salad plates and 4 bowls) for only $10!
You seriously can’t get any better than that!
Print the Complete Recipe
Savory Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili
- 1 can 26 oz tomato sauce
- 1 can 27 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 cans 15 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb spicy sausage
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 each red, yellow and green bell peppers
- 1 red onion
- 1 can 7 oz green chilies
- 2 T Chili powder
- 15-30 oz pumpkin puree
- sour cream to garnish
- chives to garnish
- cheddar cheese to garnish
- Saute veggies in a little olive oil until onions are cooked through and are soft. Transfer to the slow cooker. Brown the sausage and ground beef in the same pan, then add to slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients to the slow cooker, mix it all together and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Alternately you can cook on high for 4-5 hours.Ladle into bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream, cheddar cheese and chives.
- If you find yourself in a pinch and don't have enough tomato sauce on hand, use a can of prepared spaghetti sauce.
Now, I know we’re not food bloggers, but occasionally we do like to share some of our favorites with you! Especially those that will save you time in the kitchen so you can be busy doing what you want!
We hope you enjoy and this recipe for fall and it becomes a favorite for your family as well. Let us know what you think and comment below. We love hearing from you!
If you are new here WELCOME! We’re glad to have you here, and are always so excited to have new readers and friends! You can learn more about us here.
Please PIN for later and share with your friends.
And as always here at Sunny Side Design
WE HOPE TO BRING YOUR HOME TO THE SUNNY SIDE OF THE STREET!